Introducing Water Skills for Life
Once your child has mastered the basics of aquatics, their next step is when they go to school and they get to take part in Water Skills for Life training.
Water Skills for Life is made up of 27 competencies that focus on:
- Water safety and awareness
- Getting in and out of the water safely
- Going underwater (submersion)
- Floating on the water (personal buoyancy)
- Rolling and turning in water (orientation in the water)
- What to do in an emergency (safety of self and others) and
- Moving through the water (propulsion).
For more information about Water Skills for Life: